About Queen Tiye
- Queen Tiye is a famous Egyptian queen mother to famous pharaoh Akhenaten, died at 60 years of age.
- Queen Tiye’s hair became a meme on Facebook at the time of the Golden Parade because of her luscious curly locks, well preserved after more than 3,000 years.
- Black, long, beautifully curled, Queen Tiye’s hair dazzled her granddaughters on social media, who begged for her hair routine. But it’s no secret. The ancient Egyptians cared so much for their hair, and indeed had particular hair routines.
- Hair samples show that the Egyptians used castor oil, almond oil, scented oils and other herbs of the Egyptian fertility land.
- Scenes of women combing their hair or their daughters’ hair are depicted on walls